Orient Bell has been at the forefront of technological innovations. We, at OBL, capitalize existing resources to innovate products that are unique in appeal, aesthetics and application. Orient Bell has four patent Pending technologies to its name.
Patent Pending Technologies for all your Tile Needs
Patent Application No. : Forever Tiles : 685/CHE/2011
The invention is a corundum based coating composition and the method of applying it on the ceramic tiles for producing tiles with extreme abrasion and scratch resistance.
How is this achieved? During the manufacturing process:
- First engobe coating is applied.
- Second corundum base glaze coating is applied.
- Third corundum paste base coating is applied.
- Fourth corundum base over coating is applied.
- These tiles have self cleaning property as tested by Queens IPS Lab, UK.
- Rated 8 on Moh’s scale of hardness where diamond is rated 10.
- Very high scratch resistance.
- Impact resistance.
- Very low water absorption.
Where to Use?
- Inside homes, specially those with children
- Driveways, pathways
- Bedroom, kitchen
- High traffic areas.
- Shopping malls.
- Commercial spaces.
Patent Application No. : GermFree Tiles : 440/CHE/2012
- This technology in tile kills more than 99.5 percent disease causing bacteria. What is amazing is that these tiles are safer than ceramic cookware which doubly protects your family health.
- GermFree is an innovative product from Orient Tiles. Using a specially formulated glaze with antimicrobial treatment. This special glaze inhibits the growth of germs, bacteria, fungus and other microbes that come into contact.
- Ideal for usage in homes
- Safe and hygienic for children.
- Absolutely necessary for hospitals and health care centers.
- The effect lasts as long as the tile does.
- Available in many wall and floor sizes.
These GermFree floor/wall tiles improve the quality of life by eliminating bacteria formation from the places that matter the most.
- Living Room,
- Clinical Labs and
- Virtually every place human beings inhabit.
- They have extremely large surface area, increasing their contact with bacteria and fungi and vastly improving its bactericidal and fungicidal effectiveness.
- These silver/zinc/MgO nano particles when in contact with bacteria and fungus adversely affects cellular metabolism and inhibits multiplication and growth of those bacteria and fungi which cause infection, odor, itchiness and sores.
- Orient Tiles makes specially formulated glazed tiles with nano particles of borates, zinc and magnesium ions embedded in glaze.
ADVANTAGES OF GERMFREE TILES
- Inhibits growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Reduces possibilities of infections and diseases.
- Reduces bad odor.
- Maintenance free.
- Easy to clean.
Patent Application No. : Life Tiles : 5553/CHE/2012
Three Miracles in each Tile Clean, Green & Healthy
- A technology that fuses Titanium Dioxide (TiO ) 2 along with other minerals in the glazed surface of tile in a patent pending process. It provides relief from harmful smog in the environment created by burning fossil fuels.
- A technology providing safety from harmful bacteria.
- Life Tiles is an amazing technology that removes smog and poisonous No and CO x 2 gases improving the air inside and outside your living spaces.
- Test results confirm killing of over 99.2% germs touching the tile surface & proving they are absolutely free.
- Reduces bad odour.
- Fit to use at every place where human beings inhabit.
- These tiles also have self cleaning property as tested by Queens IPS Lab, U.K.*
- Photocatalytic activity induced by titanium dioxide, oxidizes the harmful air pollutants emitted by vehicles burning fossil fuels.
- Neutralizes smog in presence of sunlight or artificial UV light converts smog into useful fertilizer (ie nitrous oxide to calcium nitrate).
- 10,000 sq ft of tiling area neutralizes poisonous NO gas equivalent to that done by 1,500 trees.
What is smog?
- Smog is formed when nitrogen oxide mixes in the air with other chemicals in presence of sunlight & heat.
- Nitrogen oxide is also emitted as a byproduct of burning fossil fuels (coal, petroleum, natural gas etc which contains high presence of carbon) in vehicles and electric power plants.
- Smog is a type of air pollution caused by exhaust from cars, trucks, generators and other internal combustion engines and industrial fumes that react in the atmosphere with sunlight to form secondary pollutants that also combine with the primary emissions to form photochemical smog.
How does it work
- When tile is exposed to light, the photocatalyst on the surface speeds up the oxidation process to reduce pollution.
- When it rains, the small quantity of organic residue is washed off the roof.
- During the tile-making process, our engobe, glaze, top coating base has titanium dioxide (TiO ) to fight smog. 2
- Glaze made from frit containing borates of calcium, magnesium and zinc oxide, which have anti-microbial property.
- The base glaze contains zinc oxide - a powerful anti-microbial agent.
- Magnesium oxide which comes from dolomite which is in the frit makes it anti-microbial.
Patent Application No. : Cool Tiles : 4165/CHE/2012
Cool Tiles - Solar Heat Reflecting Tiles
What is SRI & COOL ROOF?
- SRI (Solar Reflective Index) measures a roof’s ability to reject solar heat (reflectance) and the ability to emit heat out (emittance).
- Cool roofs reflect and emit the sun heat instead of absorbing it.
- A cool roof is one that reflects the sun’s heat and emits absorbed radiation back into the atmosphere. This will keep the inside building cooler.
- The U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED 2.2 uses SRI as a way to evaluate a cool roof. To get LEED accreditation, buildings should use a roof with minimum SRI value of 78.
- Orient Cool Tiles have an amazing SRI value of 103 which is unheard of in any tile in the world.
- Orient Cool Tiles on the roof of a building can reduce inside building temperature by 10 to 20 degree centigrade.
Orient has invented a technology and filed worldwide patent to make a tile reflect almost entire solar heat. This has been achieved by using zirconium and other special minerals in the glaze and devising a special process to fuse these minerals in the glaze in a special intricate structure.
Does white matt tiles cool?
No, Although Orient Cool Tiles are available in white colour and matt finish, they can be made in other light colour with a little lesser SRI value. White colour has better solar reflective qualities. However, the real invention in Orient Cool Tiles is not to tile colour but the materials used, tile making process and the special structure of the surface. Cool Tiles have much higher SRI value than other whiter looking paints, tiles or other materials.
Benefits of Cool Tiles
- Reduce inside building temperature by 10 to 20 degrees centigrade.
- Provide better indoor comfort.
- Save electricity. You can calculate savings in any Indian city at
- Lower power demand.
- Save burning fossil fuel by power plants.
- Lower emission of green house and CFC gases.
- Reduction in global warming and saving of ozone layer.
- Reduce conduction of heat into building.
- Reduce convection of heat into outside air and formation of bad lower level ozone.
Where to Use?
- On the roof of any building.
- These can be used on wall of a building which are directly exposed to sunlight.